Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fisher-Price I Can Play Guitar System


My five-year-old is addicted to Guitar Hero, so when I saw this product, I thought it would be a great way to wean him off that game and onto something that would actually help him learn. Unforutnately, the product doesn't live up to my expectations. The sound and "fun" quality just aren't there. The guitar isn't responsive enough, so he has to strum very hard to get it to recognize any input. The game doesn't do enough to teach how to use the guitar, and all the buttons and colors become very confusing. But this is for six years and up, you say? Well, I have just as much trouble as he does with it. Guitar Hero has already set the bar high for sound quality and graphics. Coming in late to the game, even if it is intended for a younger audience, this product should be of a little higher quality. The benefit was supposed to be that it teaches, but it does a very poor job of that as well.



Price:
$35.00


No comments: